How does it work?
Osteopaths work to restore the body to a state of balance. Osteopaths use a wide range of techniques which takes into consideration the persons age, physical condition and health issues to allow a person’s body to return to a normal functioning state.
What conditions can it help?
Osteopathy has application in treating a wide range of conditions, either as a standalone treatment process or in conjunction with other modalities of treatment such as acupuncture or podiatry. Osteopathy can have application in such conditions as
- Lower and upper back pain
- Neck pain
- Disc injuries
- Sports injuries
- Tennis Elbow
- Headache and migraine
- Digestive disorders
- Period pain and irregularity
- Recurrent infection
- Asthma and chest complaints
- Stress, depression, and fatigue
Patients of all ages, from the very young to the elderly can safely receive treatment and benefit from Osteopathic treatment. Osteopathy:
- Identifies the root cause of the problem and works to reduce the possibility of a recurrence
- Can help in reducing pain and inflammation throughout the body
- Helps reduce stiffness and increases mobility of joints and structures
- Improves stability of muscles and joints leaving them less prone to injury
- Seeks to realignment and remobilize the body to ensure good blood, nerve, and lymph supply
- Is non invasive and drug free
- Encourages and engages the body's own healing mechanism
With over 30 years of experience, Max has honed his Osteopathic method of treatment to a high level of competency which allows him to treat everyone from newborns to the elderly effectively and appropriately. Osteopathically Max can treat health conditions with a variety of techniques, including both structural and cranial.
Osteopathic treatment can often be done in conjunction with other forms of treatment such as homoeopathy or acupuncture or can be used as an adjunct following things like surgery or injury. Max can facilitate this as needed utilising Shirley’s skills as a Homoeopath and Naturopath, and an associated Acupuncturist in the same building as required.